ASI Instructor Cerrtification with Dan Gavere
ASI Instructor Training Course with Master Instructor Trainer Dan Gavere
For more information about the course, go to: http://wsupa.us/inst.html
Certification as a Standup Paddleboard Instructor: The “ASI” Certification Course provides SUP Instructors the basics of water safety and a solid framework of SUP teaching techniques. Any activity that involves open water conditions is inherently dangerous. Our instruction is based on sound fundamentals with an overall emphasis on the “Safety” for the beginner paddler. The “ASI” SUP Water-Safety Instruction Manual and Practical Teaching Techniques will lay the foundation for the Certified “ASI” Instructor to provide the best learning conditions for all beginner SUP paddlers. Each ASI participant will also receive a personal copy of the “The Ultimate Guide to Stand Up Paddling” video, by Dan Gavere.
- Current Certification in American Heart Association Basic CPR/AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automatic External Defibrillator)
- Ability to perform basic SUP skills in proper starting/safety/dismount positions. Proficient skills in the forward stroke as well as turning and stopping strokes are require to participate in this course.
** Please note, this is not a course for beginner SUP paddlers. To pass and receive an ASI
Certification, each participant will have to demonstrate the mastery of all stroke and turning
techniques taught during the course.
- Basic water safety knowledge for SUP paddlers
- SUP dry land teaching and training techniques
- Information on paddles, boards and SUP equipment
- Mastering SUP skills needed for proper instruction, on the water skills testing
- Advanced stroke technique and skills
At the Academy you will learn all aspects of SUP instruction through classroom training and hands-on experience on the water.
Course Fee: $300.00, pre-registration at www.wsupa.us, Visa, MasterCard, Paypal or start of class, checks payable to: WSUPA. Course includes ASI Manual, ASI Instructor “Victory KoreDry Surf Shirt,” ASI Instructor Sticker, SUP video, Lunch provided. ASICertification verification through WSUPA website