Hope From Helen Surf Silent Auction
Hope from Helen is a 501(c) 3 non-profit charity that supports local and global organizations dedicated to health, education, animal welfare, the environment, and individuals and families in need.
It all started in 2005, when Helen Butler, mother of Tony Butler of Sweetwater and wblivesurf.com, was diagnosed with stage-3 lung cancer. To add to the situation, she had no health insurance to pay for looming hospital bills for chemotherapy, radiation treatments, and doctor visits. So the local surfing community joined together help the Butlers raise funds for Helen’s medical treatment. The initial effort was called Hope for Helen and consisted of yard sales, restaurant proceeds, band fundraisers, individual donations, and the first annual Hope for Helen Surf Silent Auction. This effort raised over $58,000.
Food will be served by Tower 7. It's one of the biggest nights of the year for WB and surrounding communities. Free admission, casual attire, and family friendly. Enjoy the growing list and let us know if you would like to make a donation to this great charity.
Here's a list of some of the items up for auction:
- 2- 5 night South African Safaris for two people to the Ezulwini Game Lodges in Greater Kruger National Park in South Africa (airfare not included), two photo game shoots per day, and all meals included donated by the Saad Family.
- One year supply of vitamins and minerals from Cape Fear Naturals donated by Jack Whitley
- A Firewire Surfboard donated by Firewire
- A bunch of great raffle and auction items like a tent, bike computer, and backpacks donated by the Mark Anders Family
- 2- 6month Gift Certificates to Golds Gym donated by the Shay Family
- 2 Arnette Gift Packages donated by Chris Todd and Arnette
- A goody basket donated WB Surf Camp, SurfBerry, and Cape Fear Paddleboarding
- A family package donated by Rainbow Sandals
- A goody package donated by Red Bull
- A week long half day surf camp, some shirts, stickers, and a skate deck donated by Indo Jax
- A goody package by Tenderlane donated by Joan York
- 04-05 Eddie Aikau poster Autographed by Bruce Irons (Winner) donated by Matt Harrison
- Autographed Lance Carson poster (some like it smooth) donated by Matt Harrison
- A two night weekend stay at the Dames Inn in Downtown Wilmington donated by Patricia Peters
- 98 Longboard Mag issues, 81 Surfers Journal, 34 Surfes Path Mags, tons of movies and books donated by Carl McGowan, Jr
- 3 hour Tango Lesson up to 3 hours donated by Kent Boseman
- A Greg Eavey Surfboard donated by Greg Eavey
- A vintage 1960's Con Surfboard donated by Sweetwater Surf Shop
- A vintage 1960's Challenger Surfboard donated by Sweetwater Surf Shop
- Your donated item could be here! If I forgot your item please let me know.
- More coming in soon so stay tuned for updates.