Probox Fin Systems
The illustration shows all of the main components of the system, each of which will be briefly introduced.
1 - Fin base V-notch
The base of a ProBox fin has a set of V-notches onto which the grub screws land, when tightened, to create the downward pressure for a compression fit.
2 - Cant inserts
The patented cant inserts are designed to create the desired fin angle. By removing and replacing the insert the cant angle is easily modified. The inserts are tapered to create a compression fit in the box when downward pressure is applied by the screws. Cant inserts are color coded to make angle identification simple, and come in 0º (BLUE), 4º (RED), 6º (BLACK), and 8º (WHITE) angles.
3 - Grub screws
Each box has two stainless steel grub screws that, when tightened, apply downward pressure on the fin base forcing the base and the cant insert into the box creating a tight compression fit.
4 - Allen key
An Allen key is provided for tightening the grub screws.
5 - Box
ProBox is designed and engineered to provide a strong fin attachment in a surfboard. It has a patented insert mechanism that allows both cant and forward and backward adjustment. The box is designed to be simple to install, for this task it has special locator tabs that fix the box into the installation jig during the installation process. The boxes a tough polycarbonate material that is very durable.
6 - Installation jig
The installation jig serves as the locator for the box, routing guide, and resin dam. It provides mating notches that lock the box tabs in place keeping the box securely located during installation. The jigs are flexible, inexpensive, and reusable.
Advantages that make the system unique
- Fore & aft and fin cant angle adjustment, utilizing a patented insert mechanism
- Solid base on the fin provides a strong attachment with a compression fit
- System is simple and inexpensive to install with reusable jigs
- Simple fin manufacturing process as the base is solid and has no angles
- Accepts existing dual tabbed fins to increase the range of fin options
- Adjustment really does matter! Having the ability to adjust your fins opens up a wide range of possibilities for improving a boards performance. Try it for yourself!
- Designed in Hawai'i
- Manufactured in the USA